Work takes up a good part of our lives, so we might as well work hard at what we do and be the best at what we do. I struggled for years to find a job, I never had enough experience, and I couldn’t get any experience because no one would hire me…It’s a vicious cycle. I was lucky to get the job I have now and I have been working hard ever since I started. Within less than a year I have worked my way to team leader! I know what I’m doing and I’m good at what I do.
So in todays post I’m going to give you 5 short tips on how to get noticed or get a promotion at work!
1. Know what your doing. You want to be the person that everyone comes to for help. Learn all that you can about the company you work for and know how to go above and beyond your position.
2. NEVER say “That’s not my job”. The more you do, the more important you are to the company. If you finish your tasks early, ask for or find something else to do. This way you will be showing your employers all of your skills and that you are dedicated to your position.
3. Be a team player. It is important you don’t step on your co-workers toes and climb all over them to get to the top. If you plan on being their boss eventually, you want them to like you. Work as a team, help them out when needed. Be nice and make friends.
4. Be confident. What ever it is that you do at work, be confident at doing it. Show your boss that you know EXACTLY what your doing and that you are confident within your position.
5. Take initiative. If something needs to be done, DO IT. If no one else wants to do it, YOU DO IT. Take initiative and make it your priority to ensure that everything gets done.
So go for it! Get to work and get into a boss mindset. Be confident and you will succeed.