These past few weeks have been a little bit of a struggle for me. I recently landed a full time job, which is great and I’m really proud of my achievement! But, it has proven to be a little difficult to manage full time work hours and also continue with a regular schedule for Youtube and for my website.
I have been a little MIA on all my socials lately because I have been trying to find the perfect routine to keep up with everything and still have some time for myself.
In todays post, I’m going to be sharing with you how to balance a full time job and a side hustle.
For me, Mondays and Tuesdays are work only days, I leave home at 6:45 and don’t get back until 8:30 so it leaves little to no time to do anything else. So that brings us to number one.
1. Schedule your days. I have specific days that I complete different tasks on. Monday and Tuesday are work days. For the rest of the week I get home at 4:30 so it leaves me plenty of time to catch up on editing videos and creating blog posts and other social media posts.I have weekends off so I leave them for filming and family time.
2. Prioritise. If I get all my filming done in the first half of the weekend and have nothing to do for the rest of the day, I’ll start editing so that I don’t have as much to do during the week and can fit in some me time! Prioritise your work and get the important things done first.
3. Have time for yourself. To keep your mind in the right place it’s important to have time for yourself and do things that relax you and that you enjoy. There’s no use in being stressed and run down all the time, so take a few minutes each day to relax.
4. Stay Organised. I just bought my self a new planner to help me stay organised. I like to write things down on paper rather than in notes on my phone. I look at my planner everyday to see what I have planned or to write down a to do list of what I need to get done that week/day. You’d be surprised at how much of a difference it makes.
5. Know that it’s worth it. Obviously the end goal is to have your side hustle as your main hustle. But in the meantime, we need a source of income to help us…well.. live. So just know that all the hard work your doing, all the money your saving, all the knowledge your taking in, everything your doing is bringing you one step closer to your end goal. You can do it!
Take each day as it comes and keep working hard.